- RSS Channel Showcase 4556272
- RSS Channel Showcase 4306003
- RSS Channel Showcase 6568965
- RSS Channel Showcase 5389819
Articles on this Page
- 08/31/15--03:00: _Electric Zoo Transf...
- 09/01/15--07:43: _Pensado Awards 2015...
- 09/01/15--09:02: _The Two “Secrets” o...
- 09/02/15--06:38: _Auralex Now Shippin...
- 09/02/15--07:24: _Plugin Review: Neve...
- 09/03/15--09:00: _The Best Ear Traini...
- 09/03/15--10:30: _Avid Announces Pric...
- 09/05/15--08:57: _Sonnox Restore Suit...
- 09/10/15--07:05: _5 Ways To Get The M...
- 09/10/15--08:36: _iZotope Announces R...
- 09/11/15--07:20: _Transaudio Group No...
- 09/11/15--09:43: _New Gear Review: BA...
- 09/12/15--07:30: _Waves Audio Launche...
- 09/14/15--03:00: _Ears Behind the Gea...
- 09/15/15--08:36: _The Best Way to Sta...
- 09/15/15--09:18: _Universal Audio Int...
- 09/16/15--07:17: _JBL Launches 7 Seri...
- 09/16/15--09:31: _New Plugin Review: ...
- 09/17/15--08:37: _Treasure From Trash...
- 09/17/15--09:09: _Steven Beer Publish...
- 09/01/15--07:43: Pensado Awards 2015: Winners, Recap & Review
- 09/01/15--09:02: The Two “Secrets” of Effective Parallel Compression
- 09/02/15--06:38: Auralex Now Shipping Sustain v2 Bamboo Sound Diffusors
- 09/02/15--07:24: Plugin Review: Neve 88RS MkII from Universal Audio
- 09/03/15--10:30: Avid Announces Price Reduction for Pro Tools
- 09/05/15--08:57: Sonnox Restore Suite Released in 64-bit Format, Price Reduced
- 09/10/15--07:05: 5 Ways To Get The Most Out Of Digital Drums
- 09/10/15--08:36: iZotope Announces RX Post Production Suite and RX 5 Audio Editor
- 09/11/15--07:20: Transaudio Group Now Shipping Drawmer 1978 Stereo FET Compressor
- 09/11/15--09:43: New Gear Review: BAE 1073MPL
- 09/15/15--08:36: The Best Way to Start a Mix?
- 09/16/15--09:31: New Plugin Review: The Axis EQ from Sly-Fi Digital
- 09/17/15--08:37: Treasure From Trash: 3 Tips for Mixing with Distortion
Now at seven years and counting, the home of one of the world’s premier EDM festivals is the global music capital of New York City – right where it should be.
In the late 1950’s, the Hollywood Walk of Fame committee called on a select group of music executives to compile a list of recording industry personnel who had made a … Read More
Justin Colletti is back on the SonicScoop video blog, this time with some quick tips on getting the most out of your parallel compression technique.
In the short video below, Justin reveals two of the most important factors in getting great results out of this technique, with the approach also … Read More
One of the leading names in pre-assembled acoustical treatment is now shipping their new and improved Sustain v2 Bamboo Sound Diffusors.
The … Read More
Universal Audio’s emulation of the Neve 88RS channel strip was originally released in 2007, and has become a well loved tool in the UAD-2 toolkit.
In recent years however, Universal Audio has adopted the practice of improving upon old plug-in code, creating even more … Read More
For most engineers, the ultimate goal is to be able to “feel” their way through a mix, and to do their work in a completely natural and intuitive way.
Much like professional musicians, who often transcribe great solos with the hope that in time, that conscious effort will lead to … Read More
The company announced today that Pro Tools 12.2 has been launched, and with it lower prices across the board for the … Read More
Getting more for less is always appealing. Audio pros who have been considering the Sonnox Restore Suite now have that pleasant prospect at hand.
Restore has now been released in 64-bit format, making it compatible with Pro Tools 11 & … Read More
This is a guest post by producer/songwriter Eyal Levi [The Black Dahlia Murder, Chelsea Grin, The Contortionist, Daath]. He has recently collaborated with Drumforge to create an all-new sample library, compatible with Kontakt and Trigger.
#1: Think Like A Drummer
One of the telltale signs of an amateur … Read More
iZotope announced at IBC 2015 that they will be bundling several of their current software products to produce the RX Post Production Suite that also includes the RX 5 Audio Editor, a significant new update to its RX Platform.
The … Read More
The all analog rack-mount compressor comes equipped with the standard parameter set including threshold, ratio, attack, and release, but also includes a nice set of additional parameters.
1073. Among audio engineers, these numbers evoke reverence, tradition, and occasionally, lust.
The presence of these classic modules in so many famous studios, along with the records made with them attest to the lasting appreciation for this fabled design.
Vintage units are highly coveted, and internet … Read More
It’s not an appetite for destruction – this is a parallel for detection.
Behind every audio engineer, there’s an engineering exec like Larry Pendergrass.
In July, Pendergrass was named SVP of Engineering at LOUD Technologies, and now he has a lot on his shoulders. There are six brands under the pro audio conglomerate’s corporate umbrella, including Mackie and Ampeg — two names that … Read More
Sometimes the worst way to to start a mix is at the beginning. What does that mean? Click below to find out as Justin Colletti offers a better way to start your mixes off right:
At IBC 2015, HARMAN JBL Professional (yes, that is the full legal name) has announced a new modular referencing monitor system. The take from this system is that it can be scaled to any size room, and excels in the dialog range.
Sly-Fi Digital, a newly founded digital arm of UBK Audio, launched last month with what seems like highly varied product line, especially when you consider the fact that they’ve only released three plugins to date.
At first glance I was drawn … Read More
Much of audio engineering is about avoiding distortion. Outside of guitar sounds and tube saturation, “distortion” is often considered a dirty word.
“Dirty” is all a matter of perspective though, and sometimes a little added grit can really accentuate your pristine sounds. Other times, a bit of overblown aggressiveness is … Read More